Collaborative Workshop Series
Save the Date & Join Us
Register in 2 Easy Steps
1. Click HERE to complete and submit your
PilatesInAmerica Liability Form
2. Send Your Payment via Venmo or Zelle
You will receive an email with your Zoom link
once your payment has been processed.
Questions? E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MOTR – MORE THAN A ROLLER
Whether you’re looking to improve your basic fitness or need sport-specific conditioning, the MOTR allows you to perform hundreds of exercises based on Pilates principles of whole body integration. Workouts on the MOTR stimulate multiple muscle groups simultaneously by combining dynamic movement, core stabilization and balance challenges. You’ll improve your strength and flexibility while learning proper body alignment and healthy movement patters.
The MOTR is a versatile, portable exercise system combining the balance, stability and release work of a foam roller with the resistance exercises of an independent pulley system similar to that found on the Pilates reformer. From novice to advanced, the MOTR encourages proper alignment and healthy movement patterns while giving your clients a unique cardiovascular workout. It can be used on its own for class or in a circuit with other movement modalities. The MOTR is easy to set up, use and store. It’s also small, portable, and affordable, perfect for a small studio or a client’s home!
MOTR™ Fundamentals is 8 hours. Comprehensive is 16 hours.
This course is geared toward Pilates instructors. It covers the same material as in the Comprehensive course but there is an expectation the students have a sound understanding of Pilates principles and familiarity with Reformer and foam roller work.
PMA/Balanced Body CEC: 8, 16
Referral Program #M170244
Balanced Body Barre®
Balanced Body Barre® Fundamentals (8 Hours)
Prerequisite: Experience teaching group exercise to music.
Balanced Body Barre combines the high energy, music-driven fun of a Barre class with the precision, alignment, and emphasis on high-quality movement found in Pilates. The Fundamentals course focuses on learning the essential repertoire of Barre exercises and how to put them together using the Balanced Body Programming system to design and deliver successful and effective Barre classes.
Balanced Body Barre® Comprehensive (16 Hours)
Prerequisite: A passion for teaching, and a desire to learn.
The comprehensive instructor training is the ideal complement to a Pilates or personal training practice adding energy, new clientele, and functional fitness training to a studio, fitness center, or clinic. The Balanced Body Barre Comprehensive program provides instructors with everything they need to teach a variety of 30 – 60 minute classes. The Comprehensive course introduces the Balanced Body Movement Principles and delves deeper into the art of teaching groups and the how-tos of teaching to music. Practical teaching drills include cueing, correcting movement, and class design to help you teach Balanced Body Barre confidently by the end of the weekend.
- Exercise instruction in the fundamental Barre exercises.
- A detailed, full color manual with video support.
- Successful class design and delivery based on the Movement Principles and Balanced Body Programming System.
- Using music to provide motivation, excitement and joy.
- Teaching cueing for smooth transitions, proper alignment, and inspiration.
- Teaching instructors how to apply the Balanced Body Movement Principles to create classes that are effective and fun while still being safe.
- Using inspirational, passionate teaching to keep classes full and clients coming back for more.
Becoming a Fully Qualified Balanced Body Barre Instructor
- Complete course (Fundamentals or Comprehensive)
- 6 months or more of practice and teaching
- Final practical exam
Continuing Education Credits Offered By:
- Pilates Method Alliance (PMA)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Aerobic and Fitness Association of America (AFFA)
Let’s Get Started
If you want to learn more about virtual training click the button below.